Does anyone have a baby with a stinky neck?

My daughter who is 3 and 1/2 months old has a bad case of stinky neck. She is chubby and her neck area is hard to get to , to clean. No matter if she just got a bath the fat is in the way so it can't dry out and she has stinky neck with white cheesy crap in it. I know Im not alone and my older daughter had the same thing when she was a baby. Anyone have any suggestions? I have tried baby powder in the but don't know what else to do. Amanda

Mandygurl2

Asked by Mandygurl2 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well i had a 3 month old with the stinky neck!! LOL I never heard anyone else call it that before me and my DH.

we just bath him and right after put baby powder in ALL of his rolls and again in the morning we put more. It doesn't completly get rid of it but most of the time it prevents it.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 4:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You have to clean her neck better and dry it better..Baby wipes might help.The cheesy white stuff is formula

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My doc said to wipe it down each night with a wet wash cloth and then pot hydrocortize on in it. Her neck was getting a rash from it.
    Anonymous

• Just wipe it with a wet washcloth every couple of hours. Johnsons makes "baby cologne" that is great. It smells like a baby. My kids were the same way! I was so glad when they got necks!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The white stuff is NOT formula! it is just their skin rubbing off and if it stays moist it can make it raw or turn in to a nasty rash, just keep it dry and powder!
    Anonymous

• I just wiped my guys with a washcloth every so often...and either put a bib on him or tucked a burp rag under his chin to keep the extra moisture from getting in there. Stinky neck, lol!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would wipe it off with a wet washcloth and then dry it with a soft dry cloth a couple of times a day. It seemed to help the most. I tried baby powder and desitin, but neither worked that well.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes keep it clean but use cornstarch! I know that sounds funny but, it works great on baby. I put it in a shaker and use it for every change on my twins tushey and after their baths.:)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 5:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It could be formula!!!

Answer by louise2 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• try corn starch and terry cloth bibs work great and abzorbing formula

Anonymous