RE-POST: For those who had scheduled c-section..

What time did you have to go in the hospital and how long after when you changed you clothes did there wheel you in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had to be at the hospital at 10am for a noon c-section. I changed my clothes as soon as they got me upstairs, they took me in at...I think it was around 12:15, and he was born at 12:45.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I went into L&D because my water broke about 10am, I was on the table at 12:30n. It was not a planned c-section. I was waiting for about 2 hours after being admitted. Change clothes, wait for U/s tech, decide what to do, get me prepped for surgery, get a team together, and talk with the anethesiologist. Alot going on in that time. The babies were out fifteen minutes later.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had to be at the hospital at 5:30am for my 7:30am c-section. They check you in & have you change your clothes right away so that you can be hooked up to the heart monitors, the cath., and the i.v. drip. Then after your all hooked up, you just wait until go time. They had me walk to the surgery room and it was right around 7:30 when they did this. Then you get your spinal and your on your way. It took nineteen minutes for my son to be "born". Good luck!!
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008