Does tax season make anyone else as angry as me?

It's that lovely time of the year again. It's wall to wall cars in town. People out wildly spending those tax refunds. Money that they will blow on pointless crap. Meanwhile, those same people will be biatching a couple months down the road about being broke, dirt poor, not being able to afford to pay utilities, seeking alternative methods to screw the system. Oh, and what about those people that are seeking methods to screw the system and see just how many social security numbers they can add on to their tax returns in hopes of making a couple thousands extra bucks? Makes me want to scream, and you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• The only thing I hate is that we no longer get much back. If anything, I envy those that can squander copious amounts of cash. I couldn't care less if they're flat broke in 2 months. That's their problem.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I actually love tax season because we get a decent refund each year. I can't control what others do as far as screwing the system and blowing their $.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You're crazy. Chill out.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't mind it. Just don't like the pressure of getting everything done (one document always comes mid-March.) But then I have the relief that I can use our meager refund to pay for frivolous stuff like paying down the mortgage or getting braces for DD.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's good when people SPEND some of their tax returns, for they are pumping money BACK INTO the economy.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• honestly i have NEVER in my 43 yrs noticed that there are more people "out and about" during tax time. Im curios as to where you live that there is such a marked difference in spending.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I live in a military town! People are out spending crazy money here every two weeks! and heaven forbid you want to go out to eat on payday weekend! looking at a 2-3 hour wait at all 38 places in town!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't worry about it. We always owe and I am fine with that better than over paying and giving the Government a free loan every year. Many of my relatives wait all year for tax time so they can get their 7k-8k back. In a month they are broke again and whinning about not having money. Vicious cycle for some.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 12:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2011