Tax ?

has anyone ever owed for a federal student loan and they ttok it out of your federal taxes? if so how long did it take for them to do it

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yeah,it happened to my husband today. I've been telling his ass for months and months and months to call and take care of it.. But did he......Nnnnooooooooooo...  The loan itself is over a decade long, he's had MORE than enough time to take care of it.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 8:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• They will probably only take the refund if you are delinquent on the loan. My guess is that you would have been notified of it in writing.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think this is what happened to my aunt this year..she didnt really go into details but I know this was a big issue with her! And she told me they took it..which I kinda figured was the dept of education.....soooo Im guessing as soon as you file and its processed they get notification and there your refund goes!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2011