Child support and taxes

If you get child support inforcement and the father has not been paying and they DO take the tax return money how long is it before you should see the money?

In other words the father has done got his returns done and they took the money out but how long before I get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not long. Once child support was ordered, I received my payments a month later. I'd assume the tax garnishment works relatively the same way.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Depends state to state on how far behind he is if they take it or not. Shouldnt take too long to get it though.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• From one to three months.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm in Ohio, when I got my son's father's tax return he called me PISSED and said he had filed about 3 weeks earlier and then got a notice I was getting the return, the next day it was in my bank account. I would imagine it depends on your state and whether you have direct deposit set up or not.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Depends on how good your District Attorney is...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I recieved mine within a couple of days the first time, and then the other two times it took around a month
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 9:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011