Kick count

Just curios, what was you doctors 'orders' for kick counts.? For example; 10 kicks in an hour....

My sil doctor told her 10 kicks in 8 hours, and she is 6 months, is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its 10 kicks an hour
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I honestly don't remember other than one time she told me at least 4 kicks an hour. I worried myself to death trying to count, and then just stopped counting. There were so many times where he wouldn't move for a couple of hours and I'd be sure something was wrong, only for him to go crazy all at once, when he apparently woke up.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I've never heard 10 in 8 hours. Kick counts are usually done within one hour, usually while sitting or just relaxing. They aren't recommended prior to 28 weeks, because they can be unreliable, and I you don't get the count, it can be scary, even though everything is fine. I would wait until she feels the baby being active and start counting. Any movement counts in the kick count. I used to be able to finish it up in about 5 minutes!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i think it was 10 kicks in one hour! any movement counted tho! but that was later on like 34 weeks or something for me! sorry not sure but ill bump u!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011