About down votes?

Don't care how or why people vote down just wondering what someone said it don't count unless you post anonymous so thats only time you lose points?
Never used anonymous so don't really know how it works.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think in general, people lose points for getting voted down, but I could be wrong. I enough people vote down an answer, it can be hidden (you can click to expand it if you want to read it). Most often reserved for mean or rude answers. Some people use it simply because they disagree. I save it for mean responses and dangerous, misinformed advice.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It is true the only time you lose points is if you post your answer anon. Otherwise it's just a way to disagree with the poster's answer.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• PP is correct though, enough down votes will collapse an answer whether or not it is anon.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Lians covered it - anons cannot gain points for anything - bumps, votes, ba, etc, but they can lose points for being downvoted. Posts under name cannot lose points for anything, but they gain points for votes, bumps, etc. It's supposed to be a reason to encourage people not to use anon unless they have to, because they can only be penalized for it, but cannot "gain" from it. (course, that only works if they care about points to begin with)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thank you very much all of you and twinsplus2more thank you plus lol
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Wow, thanks for posting this one, I had no idea either. I got voted down once, but I wasn't anon so didn't know what the point system was on it. Thanks for posting and having people clear this one up.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2011