Irs.gov "Where's my refund?"

For those of you who used efile and direct deposit, did you get your refund sooner than the date that the irs.gov "Where's my refund" feature gave you? It says we should receive ours by Feb 22nd, but my birthday is Feb 21st and I'm really hoping I get it before they say I will. Just looking for a glimmer of hope that I'll have some money to spend on myself for my birthday, I guess ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• We've always gotten ours the day they said, no sooner, no later.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• we got ours on the scheduled day. Have every time we have e-filed and used direct deposit.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 8:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't know if you are aware or not that the IRS decided to give some families a tax break and it didn't take effect until Feb.14th. They advised some ppl to not file until then. Apparently those of us who filed before then are going to have to wait longer to get the refund.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Ours said by a Monday, we had it the Friday before. Probably 1 business day early, as opposed to 3 days.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I filed my taxes last April, no refund yet. I went in to the Federal Building in December and they said the computer showed we had not filed. I showed them the return and they had stamped my copies first page. The representative took my copy and copied it and stamped it again and said it would be taken care of. Still nothing. I guess I need to make another trip to the IRS offices.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thanks for the replies! SweetLoveofMine, I wasn't aware..I just filed for free through h&r block and there was no "advisement", so to speak, so I had no idea. Too late now, though! Oh well...even if I get it the day it says I will, I'll be grateful to have gotten it at all. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i heard yesterday that the IRS deposits on tuesday and friday. So at 12:01 am the 22nd would be the earliest I'm thinking. They have it set to go out on that date, and so if you don't get it friday before it will be tuesday the 22nd. Celebrate your birthday late.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My refund is scheduled for the 25th. According to the website, it will be here the 22nd.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2011