Do your single friends ever accuse you of ignoring them for your DH/SO?

I ask because I was talking to my friend who said that her married friends only talk to her when their Husbands aren't home. And she said she was tired of that.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 8:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't have a lot of single friends but the ones I do have don't say that stuff to me. They know that family comes first
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Yeah, a FORMER mom friend of mine did. Then every time she got a new guy (about 5 times in a whole year) she would ignore me. The thing is - I never ignored her. She just didn't get enough attention even though she claimed she understood I'm a very busy Wife and Momma. I stopped speaking to her just recently because she got yet another guy and started treating me like shit even more than usual.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't have very many single friends. Most of them want to go out and party and drink, etc. I always have my kids with me and they don't usually want to go places like Chuck E. Cheese lol but I keep in contact mostly through FB
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No. They understand I am married. Plus they are always welcome to come hang out with both of us.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No though I have had friends completely ignore everyone else except their new guy - one friend in particular and while I understand most of a person's attention should be given to their SO I think it's important to not bail on your friends. I've always made time for friends and family with and without my SO.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• This friend gets a lot of my attention, so I can't think of why she'd say this to me. We talk once a day during her break time and my lunch time.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2011