Does 1 negative pregancy test and 1 postive mean i could b pregnant?

Hi i am in need of advice, me and my husband are trying to have a baby im 29 and have been on birth control for the last 12 years and i stopped taking the pill in Dec of 09. Ive had a heavy period the 1st of january and 2wks after i took a pregnacy test and it was negative, about 2wks ago i noticed that my breasts would hurt and be tender to the touch so i went to the doctor last week to see if i was pregant and i wasnt. About one hour ago i took a pregnancy test and it was POSTITIVE i dont know if i should take another one or go back to the doctor, i really hope i am but besides my breast tenderness i havent had any other symptoms.... any advice would b appreciated.

Tasha687

Asked by Tasha687 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• yes
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Take another one. If it comes out positive - call your doctor for blood test confirmation.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• yes
    you can wait and take another one tomorrow when you first wake up.
    Congrats and crossing my fingers for you!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• baby dustI'm pretty sure you are pregnant because a false positive test is soooooo rare. I would take just one more test and if it comes out positive then you are definitely! You should then schedule an appt at the ob/gyn.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Thank u everyone and i will take another one 2mrw.
    Tasha687

Comment by Tasha687 (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My guess is when you felt the breast tenderness 2 weeks ago you were ovulating last week was too soon for a test to be positive now your hormone levels are up. Congrats are in order I think!!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You are probably pregnant. Test often produce a false negative if you are not very far along but they almost never give you a false positive
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Congrats! so exciting... i took 6 neg test... when i was preg! ( i was 30 weeks!~ lol) get the tests with the words... preg or not preg.. keep us posted
    Sarah26

Answer by Sarah26 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Another good thing i forgot to mention is my doctore gave me sum prenatal vitamins when i went last week so ive been eating healthy also.
    Tasha687

Comment by Tasha687 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Id say you are def pg false pos ive never heard of anyone gettting one
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 8:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2011