What can I do as of now? (dusty painted cabinets)

Yesterday I asked a question about WHY hasn't the bathroom cabinets that I had painted have not dried up yet it was 3 days and the response was bc of the weather being cold well one more day goes by and still hasn't dried just barely but now there is dust accumulated on the semi wet paint...arg!!! What can I do I am like stuck I can not paint over it yet bc it's still wet :/
I have a fan blowing and a heat lamp in the bathroom...no luck :(

Thank you ladies for helping me out ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• As of now, with the collected dust and still not fully dried, unfortunately you will have to remove what you've just placed on and start new. If you have a humidifier going at this time it will definately keep the paint wet longer. My questions for you would be what type of cabinets are they, real wood or plastic veneer. You possibly could get away with waiting out the dry time of the paint, then sand and put a second coat over what you've done. This would rid the dusty look. Starting over would be the best thing, as I have refinished cabinets many times myself.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Is it moist in there? Did you use latex or oil paint. Three days for latex is unheard of.
    If the dust is setting, they will have to be sanded before they can be repainted.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• You will have to strip that old paint off. Go to www.startrightrightstarthere.com
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2011