What do you do for your child's big 1?

He can't walk and his little friends can't either but I want to let him roam free and our house isn't big enough what did u do?

Medmom7

Asked by Medmom7 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Entertainment

• I had about 3 of dd's little friends come over. I had a small ball house they played in and we ate cake. It was pretty low key and worked very well.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• we didnt have any friends at the same ages as our 1 year olds.. so we just had family.. what about outside at a park? unless it will still be cold..
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• We had a BBQ at a local park, but my son's b-day was in June.... Is there a local community hall u could rent or a relative you could use there house?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Make the biggest birthday party ever!!!! Go all out, with cake, ballons, games and kids of all ages!! I know the birthday boy/girl will have a blast!
    xochitle

Answer by xochitle at 10:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• for each of my kid's 1st b-days (i have 2 children) we had a pig roast pool party. son's b-day is may and daughter's is july so it's pretty warm for both. had mostly family and friends!! even though they won't remember, us as parents will!! so we did it kinda big. everyone had tons of fun and that's all that matters!!!
    hkarpo

Answer by hkarpo at 11:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Invite family and friends and especially have a big piece of cake for the LO and take a video and still pictures of him/her tackling it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2011