Childrens hospitals... how to get in contact with?

My daughter recently had a 2 week stay after surgery & issues at a childrens hospital.. i did this thing prior to going, collecting cards so that she could have get well cards to open daily during her long stay. She got over 3oo cards... from churches, schools, day cares, you name it! it was AWESOME! I was just hoping to get about a handful made by little kids her age, but she was truely blessed with the outcome.. since then, I've been thinking id really like to start a little card box in her name at the hospital we stayed at... like
"get well cards" in honor of Aubrey. I'd have her keep up w/ the cards and even start a little website to keep up with the cards.. so the box is ALWAYS filled. I know people are always looking for a craft, so I know people would continue to be a part of it..

my question is how do you put together somethign like that? can if even be done? will the allow it? anyone work at a childrens hospital know anything about who to contacT?

thanks girls(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Volunteer services or nursing administration at the hospital should help.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• OK so you want a box of cards that can be ready to give to other kids who stay at the hospital ? Is that what you are saying ?

Just go to the hospitals website or call around. Look for a volunteer department. When my oldest was 2 we collected toys and other things for a our Children's hospital. We had people bring presents to donate over birthday presents for him as he already have enough presents from us. I had called and found the department and asked what they would accept. It was pretty easy for that one.

I will say I have tried to donate to other places before and it can be frustrating now. Too much red tape or rules. Plus just finding the right people can be frustrating. Phone tag etc....If this is something you really want to do though just keep pushing foward.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Around here the United Way does this. We make cards for them (the United Way) every once in a while and drop them off. They distribute them to the local hospitals.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011