If your single do you dislike Valentines day?

simple frownThis is only my second being alone and it's a little sad to listen to all the stuff about love.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Posted on my blog about Valentine's Day and how you can have a fabulous day even without a lover. With the images that we see about what Valentine's Day should look like, we forget how we can make it whatever we want it to be. Good luck and have a great Valentine's Day.
    NurseElaine

Answer by NurseElaine at 1:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• im not single, but when I was.. I always loved Vday! I love every holiday though... you can celebrate love girl!! your parents.. your siblings.. your children... Valentines day is not just about your "significant other" Focus on the things you LOVE (:
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• rose in mouthScrew it! Get your girls and have a night out! Men suck anyways lol! Or go on a date with a new "friend" Girl being single means that you get to have fun! You can be my Valentine  lol!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm not single. Don't be sad on V-day! There's no reason to be. Its about love. Surely you love someone? Your kids? You parents? Your siblings? Yourself? You get the idea :-)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm married and I don't like Valentine's Day!

It's all just a bunch of commercial hype to sell stuff.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I am single (recently divorced) and don't mind it. I don't go all out, but I celebrate Valentine's as a day of Love...not as a day for only married love like some tend to really put the focus on. We made Valentine cupcakes today and will pass them out at church tomorrow to all of our friends.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I'm single but I don't dislike V-Day. On the Today Show today they told singles to Love Themselves on V-Day (go to a spa, get nails done, shop for yourself, watch your favorite movie, fix your favorite food...something just for you)
    I haven't figured out what I'll do for me but I'll think of something. I'll probably end up here on CM and share the day with others. It's all good

Answer by admckenzie at 9:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• you rockTHANKS

peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I'm not single but even when I was, I really liked Valentine's Day. It's about love...not necessarily mushy love, but celebrating everyone you love. You don't NEED a man. When you start to think you do, that's when you settle for someone who isn't really worthy of your awesomeness!

And it's "you're". ;-)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011