Child molestation/OMG i babysit next door....

OMG I JUST started keeping some kids in thier home 3 weeks ago. The guy that lives next door got arrested last night for child molestaion charges....eww... Does anyone have any clue how long people get for that b/c i really dont wanna keep them children if that man is goign to come back home. He is in jail with NO BOND right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• it depends..... I'm sorry :(
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• What? You're watching the children and their father was arrested for child molestation, and you don't want to watch the kids anymore if he comes home?
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• why wouldnt you want to keep the kids? They didnt do anything, and it's likely the molester wasnt bothering them anyway
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I depends on if he gets bonded out. Remember that they have to prove he did what he was charged with so it may not be true. Don't panic. If he comes home then just stay away from him and keep the kids away from him just in case it is true.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• oops, I skimmed past the no bond part of the post! They still have to find him guilty. If guilty, he will be gone a long time. You'd have to check your state statutes to see how long he could be gone.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• In this country it is hard to know the laws are much too leniant.I have to say I am with the swede's when it comes to protecting children!!! They loc k them up and throw away the key!!!! Never to hurt another child again! American laws need much improvement! Parent's please watch your children. World Peace and Love to All......
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Whatever happened to INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY? Sorry, but as much as I cannot stand people that hurt kids, I do believe in proving them guilty FIRST. Do you have PROOF that this man did what he is accused of? People are accused of things they didn't do everyday.

Why wouldn't you watch the kids? They didn't do anything wrong, and IF the man is guilty, he didn't do anything to the kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Um b/c If the man come home (to next door) He could do something to other kids or even me.....why do you think there are site to tell you where sex offenders live b/c people don't want to live next door to them. Would you want your neighbor to be a chlid molester???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2011