H&R Block...anyone else need to vent?

I HATE H&R BLOCK this year...had been going to them for 10 yrs and they ffed my taxes up really bad this year. we had been waiting for the 15 days and was supposed to get them today and they had probs so now another 15 day wait.

Anyone else need to vent about tax refunds and dumb H&R?

paramoreMommI

Asked by paramoreMommI at 9:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• This is why I do my own taxes. I don't trust them to do mine.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Why do people let the government keep their money all year interest free and then come February 1, they think they desperately need the money NOW? It makes no sense.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Actually, tootoobusy is right. If you do not take all of your deduction from your paycheck, you are essentially giving the government an interest free loan until Feb. If you research and investigate your options, you could have the money up front. You can put a little bit of it into a bank account and earn interest on it instead.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Had my refund set to be deposited today, checked it last night and now theres a delay on mine! It aparently comes from hubby back taxes which I knew about!! But they cant tell me how much of a delay there will be! So.....im back to not having a clue when my direct deposit will actually hit! lol, I'll just wake up to a nice account balance some day soon! :)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I hate them. they only did my taxes ans i lost a lot of money plus I had to pay them almost a hundred dollars to do that! good luck!
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 11:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My daughter went with H&R Block last year and she didn't get her state taxes back. She filed with them again this year, so far no problems.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• same problem here! was supposed to get them today as well! and nothing so far! its been 15 days
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• H & R Block is a franchise and each of its locations is individually owned and operated. Just because you get sucky service at one doesn't mean you'd have the same experience at another office. ANYONE can provide great or shitty service. I paid about $700 bucks to an actual CPA a few years ago to do my business and personal taxes and had the absolute worst experience in the almost 20 years I've been filing tax returns, far worse than when I'd used H & R Block or Jackson Hewitt.
    Good luck, hope everything works out.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Keep in mind--if you are itemizing, it is NOT H&R Block's fault, it is the governments fault. They had stated that itemized returns can not be processed by the IRS until at least Feb 14. This is because of tax law changes that Congress didn't put into place until late December.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• i knew about the itemized deductions, which is why i left them off and scheduled to make amendments at a later date
    paramoreMommI

Comment by paramoreMommI (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2011