I blacked out

I got extremely hot, felt really dizzy, and slowly my vision went away. i chugged a bunch of water, pedialyte(i was at a childrens hospital w/ my daughteR) put wet rags all over, and took off my socks and shoes.. i eventually felt better.. but my doctor just said i probably got too hot. what the heck? this happened during my last pregnancy.. has it happened to anyone else? it wasnt even "hot" in the room! and i had just ate breakfast!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• never happened to me
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• That's never happened to me but I'm sorry it happened to you. Are they monitoring your blood pressure? What did you have for breakfast? Could it have been your sugar? I hope this is a one time thing and you're feeling better soon, honey!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 9:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Try eating more protein. You might not be getting enough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I did this when I was pg minus the hot feeling and my iron was very very low, if it keeps happening, I'd get it checked!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• this happened to me during all 3 pregnancies. If i felt it coming on I would hurry and sit on the floor so i wouldnt just fall over but every time they did their normal checkup on me at the visits i t always showed i was fine. even my sugar test came back fine. hte first time it ever happened to me i remember being in a store with my mom and the samething that happened to you happened to me. i got dizzy, hot everything went to spinning and i was near the door and everything went blank and i did hit the floor. luckily a nurse was in the store she told my mom i needed sugar and fast. so she ran to get some peppermints. its the only thing she could think of. you know they made her stand in line and pay for it before she could give me any. but the nurse checked my heart rate and gave me the peppermints and after a few minutes i was back up and about. but it is scary. keep a watch on it

jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yes i agree could it of been your sugar levels?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• this happened to me christmas week everything you had i had and i just ate some food and layed low make sure to drink water all the time and keep food on you 24/7 evrywhere you go take food and water i am 20 weeks and i have moments so as for the dizzyness and what not dont worry to much but when u do feel that way bend down and take it easy
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 10:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2011