What is the best shampoo, body wash, and cream for my sensitive child?

My 2 year old has very sensitive skin. I need a body wash, shampoo and cream for her. Any suggestions for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• California baby Super Sensitive baby wash and Calendula Cream is my FAVE.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I like Johnson and Johnson they have one thats a body wash and shampoo in one and its for sensitive skin.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my youngest has eczema and my oldest just has sensitive skin and I havent really found any good shampoo or con. so we just use head and shoulders bc it helps with the dryness and we use sensitive soaps like sauve for kids.. and then creams we use baby ones that are dye free and dont have any smell
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yeah I've heard of using Head and Shoulders. But i used the Aveeno Baby and Eucerin Baby on my DD. She was born with eczema but eventually it went away.
    kelly92088

Answer by kelly92088 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Johnson and Johnson, Suave and even Aveeno have toxic ingedients. Any thing w/ fragrance can really dry skin. California baby has zero fragrance and the ingedients are all natural. You want to avoid ingredients like Polysorbate 80 (or 60) which is a hormone disrupter and can cause fertility issues, and propylene glycol which is derived from antural gas and found in antifreeze, etc. These are found in common personal care products (even for babies) and even in food.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I second the California Baby product line. Their products are wonderful, work well, and are excellent for sensitive skin. Both of my girls have (and always have) sensitive skin and break out in a rash at the drop of a pin. California Baby is the way to go!!!! :-)
    WeRPhamily

Answer by WeRPhamily at 1:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Less is more. we use a natural oatmeal vegetable oil soap. no creams, lotion, or shampoo. we use 100% aloe if needed and/or pure virgin oils as needed like coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter.

we also use 7th gen no fragrance delicate detergent (2 tbsp) boosted with washing soda, ecover non chlorine oxygen bleach, and vinegar in the wash to prevent clothing residue.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011