Ok, what other "no no"s do you do?

I pick up my son (a 55-pound 4 year old) to get him in and out of the cart while shopping now and then if no one else is there to help.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 9:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Instead of picking him up lift the gate thing under the handle so he can climb in. I remember doing that as a kid and having fun, I also let my kids do that and they've got nothing but smiles every time.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was still going to college, so I was lugging around a heavy backpack on my back, and my son was 3ish and 30-40 pounds, so I'd carry him at times too.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I don't get why some women think it's "cool" to brag about doing things that have been proven to put your unborn baby at risk. I would feel guilty...not proud enough to be bragging...wow.

I don't think the lifting thing is that big a deal because it's sort of exercise and they say you can do any exercise you did before but the other stuff has scientific backing...some doctor didn't just say..."hmmm....I think I'll make pregnant women miserable...no lunch meat. BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Women have actually lost thier babies after developing a severe infection from it. A lady I know almost died from a hemmoragh caused by the infection and lost her baby at 5 months along because she ate bologna.
    Anonymous

• I drank sodas almost nonstop. I lifted my baby and I even helped my husband move our furniture during some of my pregnancies. My first pregnancy, I was moving furniture, lifting heavy boxes...and even assembled a crib when I was suppose to be on bed rest...my kid turned out fine. I even ate lunch meat from the package. -sigh-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Anon, stop being so melodramatic. No one is "bragging" about anything. The OP asked a question and we answered it.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i drink caffiene...i had 3-4 cokes today. but my dr okayed it and encourages it because of my migraines. he wants me to drink 3 a day on top of my migraine meds.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Oh my gosh, Rosehawk! How did I NEVER even think of that?! lol GREAT suggestion!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I drink caffeinated coffee every morning. I have about a Pepsi a week. I lift my toddler, although not much anymroe b/c it's just too hard. I take rolaids and I don't think they're on the approved list.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I was put on modified bed rest from week 30 until I gave birth at week 39...but I still went up and down stairs to do laundry (my SO carried the basket of clothes though). A couple of times, I walked a block to the corner store for a Sprite. Bed rest gets so boring!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• lol i had a soda once a day and i ate lunch meat! and im sure other stuff i just dont remember lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• oh good golly. I had at least 3 drinks during every pregnancy. I LOVE sushi and had it through out. My favorite spinach salad comes with a dressing that uses raw eggs. I know I had a couple of coffees and sodas. I lifted, moved, painted, etc while pregnant. All kids are fine and above average in intelligence and athletic ability... and are healthier than most.

Anonymous