Do you flush your tampons? adult content

We recently moved in with my MIL and she has told me I am not to flush my tampons. They will clog her pipe, yadda, yadda, yadda. Well, I think that it is beyond DISGUSTING to just put them in the trash. I googled tampons and pipes and found that a bunch of women out there actually don't flush them. So I got curious..

Do you flush your tampons? If not, how do you dispose of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I flush them everywhere but my house. I think its gross too but the house that we live in has a toliet that just can't handle it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My sister clogged ours when she was in HS, and screwed up my parents septic tank with them just about a year ago. I recently bought a Diva Cup, so I never have to worry about disposing of them ever again!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Ialways flush them, I actually never even heard you weren't suppose to until last year DH (who used to be a plumber) and I got of the topic of it (have no idea how) and he told me that you aren't suppose to (I still do though)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I never have flushed them. I have always wrapped them in toilet paper and tossed them.  Flushing them jacks up your plumbing something fierce.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 10:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i always flush mine. I could not bare knowing it was just sitting in a can somewhere in my house. I have only had my toilet clog up once but i dont think it was because of the tampons, not saying it wasnt, but i just dont think it was. I have been flushing my tampons since i was like...15 years old.
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I flush them in public restrooms.... never at home.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• OMG, I have always flushed... And our toilet is always clogging up. I really blamed it on all the males in my house. Oops, guess it could be my fault.
    mimistime

Answer by mimistime at 10:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Why don't they make tampons flushable???
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I do, but I've heard from plenty of people that you shouldn't.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I have never flushed mine and I have been using them for 30 years. I have lived in a variety of homes and have never put anything that large down the drain.
    Anonymous