Does your husband or SO brag a lot?

My husband is a great man who's been married to me for 13 years, but he has one bad habit...he LOVES to brag. His favorite stories involve illegal activities he didn't get caught at as a kid. These are things like trespassing, stealing watermelons, and sometimes stories of running drugs.  Sometimes it's embarrassing (such as in front of coworkers) and I wondered if anyone else deals with this? Any advice on what do do to curb it other than interupt him rudely, like I do now?  I have spoken to him about it, but he's cluless!

Stacipr

Asked by Stacipr at 10:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• my hubs will tell a story and the next time I hear it (because I always hear them more than once) it will change a bit... but only to get a bigger punch line. but he would NEVER admit or brag about anything illegal. For one he is a father and would NEVER want his kids to think of him in that way. And two he is a business owner and would NEVER want a client to think of him in that way.

I dont see anything wrong with a little fish tale.... but to brag about something illegal sends up a red flag... why would ever want anyone to see you or think of you in that way???????

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My fiance brags a lot, but its more of what he can do, and some of it is bad things that he has done in the past, but not a lot. But most of all, he brags about his looks, all the time. He will look in the mirror and then look at me and say 'damn im so good looking' and all kinds of stuff like that. Sometimes i think that much confidence can be dangerous. I mean, he is good looking, always has been, but when i look in the mirror and think to myself, i look good today, i dont go around saying it yah know. As far as what to do with your DH, i dont know, maybe talk to him about it and let him know that some things you just keep to yourself or between you and your friends
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• No I haven't had that problem, so I'll just bump you. Sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2011