Why do I keep getting YI?

I seem to get a yeast infection once a month and it is really bothering me. My fiance always notices and it kills the romance for a while. I treat them everytime, and honestly it seems like everytime we start having sex agian often after i get rid of it, it comes back. Could it be him or is something i should go to the doctor about? Please help

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Health

• I would go to the doc it could be an std
    MissLacey

Answer by MissLacey at 11:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Well i just went to the gyno about 4 months ago and i was fine, so i dont see how i could have one and i dont think my fianceis cheating, but i guess it wont hurt to get checked
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Don't wanna accuse anyone that's just what my doc said it could be cause I got 2 in 6 months
    MissLacey

Answer by MissLacey at 11:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I was having that issue come to find out I was keeping myself too clean.....yep too clean. And I stopped wearing my underwear when I was home, the Adam and Eve method is what they call it. So I cut back on so many bathes and I was doing 3 times a day so I dropped one and it has worked for me.
    veejamm

Answer by veejamm at 11:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• Eat yogurt and iron the crotch of your panties. Most of the time washing machines won't kill the yeast but ironing the crotch will kill the yeast. I've not had a YI since I started doing that.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I like that iron the crotch of your pants. Who would ever think.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Eating yogurt can actually increase yeast infections because it can cause a bacterial imbalance. You said your fiance always notices. So then I would wonder if you are having sex with him when you have them or if you are using something like a tampon while you have them. Using a tampon can reduce the effectiveness of treatments, which would mean they would come right back. Also, not finishing medicine would make them come right back. Further, if you have sex with your fiance while you have one, he can actually get that bacteria in or around his penis and then he could be reinfecting you when you have sex again. My advice would be to treat both of you if you have had sex while you've had an infection. Once you've both been treated, don't have sex when you do have an infection. Also, make sure he is really cleaning himself WELL and you are too because wet areas can breed bacteria. Wear cotton underwear, etc.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• P.S.
    If none of that works, go to the doctor for treatment. They have prescription meds that are amazing. You might want to bring your fiance with you so he can get treated as well.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:58 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Just a thought.... Maybe he is giving it to you by not being clean before intercourse. I never had yeast infection until i got married and then I had them quite often.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011