How long is long enough?

I have a friend and she and her boyfriend have only been dating for a year and they are about to get married. Is that a long enough relationship to know if they are the one? Or if they really wanna be with each other forever>

arkelly2188

Asked by arkelly2188 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• i think it all depends on the individuals
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• My old boss knew her husband for 3 months and got married, they have been happily married for around 40 years now. It all depends on the person.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• my husband and I knew eachother for 1 month before getting married, and next month is our 6 year annv and we are happier than ever with 3 kids and alot of love in our home
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I somewhat feel the same way, but im just worried, i dont want her to make a mistake. She is so sure of him though. Hopefully she will have the same story to tell like you guys
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• i personally would never marry anyone i hadnt LIVED WITH for atleast a year...my SO and i have lived together for 4 years and i am just now ready to THINK about marriage....there will always be exceptions. some people will marry quickly and be together for life and some people will be together for a decade or more then get married and divorce within months. theres no set rule that is always true for everyone.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• For some it is, just depends on the 2 people. My son went w/a girl for 5 yrs and the marriage lasted 1 yr., so you just never know until you live with someone how it's going to turn out.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Um i was with my husband for only a year and we just got married and life couldnt be better i think you should support your friend instead of telling her they havent been together long enough or you might just ruin the friendship.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I havent told her what i think, i have just asked her if she is sure. I guess it is possible, i guess it just wasnt that way for me
    arkelly2188

Comment by arkelly2188 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I saw a matchmaker on Dr. Phil the other day, and she said that you need to spend four seasons with someone before you know who they are.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Depends on the people involved. I was with my ex-husband 3 months when we got married. We were married 6 years and had a son during that time. He really mis-represented himself to me though. I didn't see the real him until a year after we were married.

However, you know when you know and I thought I had that feeling, but think I know that deep down I didn't. If your friend does, then she's going to be happy.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2011