Why do SOME young girls think that having a baby will keep a man around?

why do SOME young girls think that having a baby will keep a man around?

smh
its crazy what young girls would do for love,i had a conversation with my niece and it really hurt my heart that she has low self asteem for her self
this is how the ending went:

neice:auntie i really love him but he likes_____________ more than me

me:well if he doesnt love you than forget about him focus on school and the right person would come along when the time is right

neice:auntie he told me we were going to get married

me:well he lied

neice:but i don't have to be his wife i just want to be his baby momma so that way he can still be in my life forever

after that conversation i was really speechless thats some crazy stuff smh

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 11:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• ell it isn't just young girls... women of all ages can be that desperate too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• One, because they are young and dont really know what love is yet, two, its a mild obsession really, because she really likes the guy and thinks she will never "love" anyone the way she "loves" him. Just my personal opinion
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I keep trying to vote up Sleepingbeautee's post but it's not letting me so I'll just agree with her

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I agree, it can be women of all ages, but i think young girls do it because they dont really know what love is and they think that thay will never "love" anyone they way she "loves" him. Its a mild obsession really.
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• I think it's because they are not mature enough to know better & just think randomly although i have seen older women do it too. I happen to always say no baby is going to keep a man by your side at the end if they don't want to be with you they are going o careless if you had./have his child.....
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 11:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's her heart saying "If I can't have him as my husband I can at least have him in my life if we have a child together."

Other times it really DOES keep a man around. My brother is still trying to get back together with his ex who is his daughter's mother because he still wants to do what's right and make a family (she won't have him, though, because he was a serious jackass prior to all this lol).

Sometimes it just prolongs the end... but it does keep them around longer.

In the end, having a baby will definately not fix a troubled relationship. But because it works to keep him around one time in ten girls are willing to try it :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• It's called being na├»ve and it can exist with anyone at any age.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:01 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• @-AJ thats very true
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Low self esteem and they might have moms who patterned this behavior for them.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 12:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I know i went through it i was so lucky i did not get pregnant but i felt back then if i did he would stay with me forever instead he beat me and tortured me. I was stupid and i was looking for the love and attention that i was lacking at home:(
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2011