Do you think your kids will..

come to you when there ready to start being sexually active?

are you a strict mom?

i try not to be so strict because i know when i was younger i felt like i couldn't tell my mom anything i have two girls and that's one of biggest fears....

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 12:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was strict and no they didn't until my son got his gf pregnant then after that my dd got pregnant. She still wouldn't admit having sex but I'm smart enough to know where kids come from!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• @admckenzie lol at that last part
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It is taught in our household that marriage comes first.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I hope so. DS is only 2, so we have a long way to go, but I want to set a precedent that he can come to me about anything like that. I was always able to talk to my mom pretty openly, and I'm grateful for that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I don't have daughters but my 2 sons, 20 & 24, have always talked openly. Mainly because of unwanted pregnancies and STD. Fortunately, since I was so honest with them and their questions as they were growing up, we've always been able to talk. Now their dad, no way! He never gave them the sex talk, I did. I took them to the store and pointed out how much diapers etc. are, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• oh geez! i'm afraid to talk to my boys about this but its going to happen whether i am ready or not one day.......i like being more honest and open with them tho; i like them to be knowledgeable about what is out there
    Lovelylis

Answer by Lovelylis at 12:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I don't think she will. She will be too embarrassed. To tell me she might tell her aunt and then my sister will tell me and then I wil lock her in a long tower with no way out so she would have to let her hair grow .....oh wait a minute that's been done before.
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 12:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Lord, I hope so!! I was never scared to tell my mom anything...She's my Guardian Angel now. I always make sure I never judge them or belittle them. Everyone makes mistakes & there is no way to fix it if we don't know what it is.
    darmika

Answer by darmika at 1:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I hope so; I tell my girls if you tell the truth I will always listen to your side but if it is bad you will be punished-time-out...I do not beleive in spanking or anyrhing like that. So we talk alot especially over dinner and TV time. I will let my oldest daughter invite her friends over because she is not allowed to spend a night at their house. I will listen to them talk and act as if I am doing something to get the 411...lol...
    Ash414

Answer by Ash414 at 6:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have a 16 yr old daughter and she told me the day she had her first kiss (7th grade). And recently she told me that her goal was to graduate high school a virgin.... this was unsolicited.  Im not sure if she will... but so far so good on the open communication.

I have a 14 yr old son.  I doubt he would.  But I have had conversations with him about sex and emotions associated with it.  I told him I can not speak to what a man feels but he can talk to his father, but that for a girl it is MUCH more than a physical act and he NEEDS to respect her and take all that into consideration.  He is very in tune with the feelings of others.  His sister told me when he got his first kiss.... so at least I know he feels comfortable enough to talk to her about girls.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2011