A question about being a parent to a parent.....

What do you do when you know that one of your parents needs to have someone take control over their health care? Like a proxy. What would you do?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Health

• ijust went thru this with my mom; she is diabetic and ended up with a diabetic ulcer on her foot......i had no choice but to have her make out a healtchare proxy with my name and my sisters on it due to the fact that she almost died from all of the surgeries; and i didnt like the hospital she was in so i wanted her transferred so i needed to be able to talk to her insurance company too.......so we filled it out and had it notarized and she was moved the next day...where she ended up spending 4 months in a major hospital in boston to heal from the MRSA she had caught in the other hospital........sooooooo i would say ASAP........its just nice to have one just in case; and btw,,,,,,,you will need a whole other one for the insurance company.......
    Lovelylis

Answer by Lovelylis at 12:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• do it...my mom had to have someone be her proxy for her disability...they raised you so its only right to help them when they are down
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2011