Has anyone attended EVEREST COLLEGE?

My husband is deploying in May and im moving back to my hometown during his deployment and I always wanted to get into dental assisting. however i only have 8 months to do it, the only college that has dental assistaning program thats less than 9 months is everest. i need to get a career going! Anyways its very convient only 8 months and this is registered dental assistant. Its mon-fri 5hours a day. The only problem is im looking up reviews online and all im seeing is negative reviews, its hard to come to a conclusion not knowing alot about this school, i have researched alot and talked to alot of everest reps, but im stuck. They make me feel better about what ive heard but then again I have only saw ONE positive review online, but everyone has their own lookouts on everything. Im stuck, HELP. I just need someone that has actually went through with this school I think they were once called brymant? something like that.

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 12:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Call some dentists and see what they say.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have a friend who started the massage program through Everest, and didn't have a good experience. I know it's not the same, but just saying. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:03 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Online or offline?

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• my experience was bad, they screwed my husbands GI Bill and they also kicked me out after 6 months for not have a diploma that fit their needs and still felt they had a right to charge me.

i would understand if i dropped out, but it was only cause they didnt like the pricvate school curriculum.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011