Blood clots in urine

so i was told over the phone by my ob dr that i have a uti. i got meds for it. but i noticed that when i pee it hurts because im passing blood clots threw my bladder. this is so scary for me. i feel like some drs now a day dont really care anymore. have you had this before and in how long did it go away if so?

nessac1987

Asked by nessac1987 at 2:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Health

• Did you tell your dr about the clots?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yes. i told him i had bleeding and clots and that i could tell they were coming from my bladder not my vag.
    nessac1987

Comment by nessac1987 (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• U might have a kidney stone cause thats what happened to me, and I tell u I was in ALOT of pain. I heard some say it can be as bad as going into labor. I had my baby via c-section. But if u r in alot of pain, go to the ER now before it gets worse, cause it will, and if u are bleeding to u might have hurt something inside.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• R U pregnant??? ZIf so u need to go now to the ER......
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• kidney stones???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! omg that would just be my damn luck. i found out at 26weeks with my first pregnancy that i had gallbladder stones and boy did i go threw hell up until 2months after i had him i finally had surgery.
    nessac1987

Comment by nessac1987 (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yes i am. im 11weeks
    nessac1987

Comment by nessac1987 (original poster) at 2:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Was your pain a gradual thing? Was it sudden, severe pain that gets worse in waves. They may cause intense pain in the back, side, abdomen, groin, or down there. I found my paperwork I had and here is some more things.....Frequent and painful urination, which may occur when the stone is in the ureter or after the stone has left the bladder and is in the urethra. Painful urination may occur when a urinary tract infection is also present. It will not go away, to go the to the ER if u have any of these!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I pass clots when I pass a kidney stones. But it is possible to pass clots for a UTI.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Have u had a ulta-sound yet?? I dont mean to scare u, really I do not, but some of your symptoms alos mimic a ectopic pregnancy
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I had clots with a UTI. Just take the medicine and it should clear up in a few days. If the pain gets to be unbearable, go to the ER.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2011