What cold medicine can I take while pregnant?

I am 17 weeks and sick. Can I take anything? Yes..I will call the doctor tomorrow and make an appointment but Cafemom has been pretty helpful in the past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• from what i remember, i was told to avoid cold medicines. but my memory isn't the greatest.. so maybe you can take something and i suffered through 3 pregnancies without much needed cold remedies =P

definitely try a humidifier or some vicks vapo rub for a little relief. good luck mama! hope you feel better
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• For congestion, Sudafed is safe. For a cough, Robitussin DM. I hope you feel better!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Musicpisces is right. You can also take benadryl. Or that was the case when I was pregnant 3 years ago
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have a cold also and went to the Dr. and they told me benadryl, sudafed or climetrol (not sure on spelling). Hope tou feel better! It is miserable being pregnant and sick at the same time!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 8:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2011