pregnancy pains.......

my little sister is 17 and pregnant. well im not happy about it so i dont talk to her much but she is due next wednesday and today she started having this really bad shooting pain in the middle of her belly when she walks. so she called her dr and she said to go in and she did and all they did was hook her up to the machine and tell her that she isnt in labor which we already knew. should i be worried about it or should i just let it go? my mom doesnt want to scare my sister so she doesnt say anything but i know a girl who lost her baby due to the umbilical cord being wrapped around her neck and she had pains and the doctors said it was nothing and then the baby died. anybody have any advice or have this happen to them???

tyhlarsmommy07

Asked by tyhlarsmommy07 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Did they check the baby's heartbeat and monitor it??? I would tell her to just go back if she's worried! Who cares what they think. She should tell them that it's NOT normal for her and it really hurts. Tell her to demand that the baby gets checked. It's her baby and her choice
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had many sharp pains during my pregnancy and all of them ended up being gas. As long as she checks in with the Dr. and the Dr. says everything is okay, then she should be alright. Just make sure if it gets any worse or if she is still bothered by it that she goes to the Dr. ASAP. You can never be to careful! Hope that helps!
    XoXoshewahXoXo

Answer by XoXoshewahXoXo at 5:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• have you ever thought that your sister may need your support whether you support the situation or not?? sorry, just a thought.. umm tell her to go back in and MAKE them to an ultrasound if she is super worried..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• There are always horror stories, but if they already monitored her she is most likely fine. Babies are often born with the cord around their neck (mine was), it rarely is all that serious. They most likely gave her a stress test (they're very common at the end of pregnancy, usually done weekly at 40 weeks) to make sure the baby was responding well to everything going on in her body. Remember the doctors don't want anything to happen to her, either!

If she's still really worried, she could go back. It's good that you're worrying for her, I think you care for her more than you know! And just think, pretty soon you'll get to hold that new niece or nephew--it'll be amazing!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Tell your sister to demand an unltrsound. That way they can see for sure what's going on with the baby and the umbilical cord. Doctors and nurses will do only the required procedures a lot of times unless you ask them for extra.
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008