IPhone debate, is it better then other smartphones?

All I have ever had was a iPhone, I don't know if its better but seems to have more apps which to me makes it better.

So I want to hear what you guys love about your smartphones that makes you not want to give it, and if you have had a iphone why didn't you like it, or why do you love it?

The apps that I feel arnt on other smartphones (I don't know for sure just what I noticed)

My alarm.com app, so I can track my securty system from my cell, including seeing video feed of my cameras

also xinifty app, which turns my phone into a remote, so while I search for a show on live TV or ondemand I can click and go send to DVR and it sends it and changes the channel for me.

Netflick (not sure if this just iphone maybe on android too) which all the movies on my cell with just a click of a button

Also my 4 year old has his own iphone (my hand me down) and i loaded it with all speech and other educational apps for him. He is a speech delay autistic boy, who works a iphone nearly as well as me. However the phone part was stopped so we turned it into a ipod touch pretty much.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 4:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Shopping

• My husband loves his Iphone, but I am not a touch screen kind of girl. I prefer buttons. So, I could never personally own one. He does the app thing and all of that, but to be honest remember it is like a mini computer... And it will suck you in. He is highly addicted to it. =/ The camera could be better, the phone seems to display everything fairly well, etc.

Oh, and another thing. His Iphone is always dying. Not sure if it's because he never charges it or because the battery just sucks.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• lol, most likly he uses so much which is why it dies. I have the same issue. Before my son and my husband got there own smart phones, everyone was using mine so it was on 24/7, however it takes about 45 minutes to get a full charge and it should last another 5-6 hours of use before dying.

I think the iPhone 4 (the one I have now) seems to last me longer, throught the day I will put it on a charger, or put it on my car charger just so I can stay abover 50% all the time.

And I agree its highly addicting, I'm on mine all the time always doing something on it.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 5:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My mom and sisters all have Iphones, I have 'played' with theirs,but prefer my Blackberry. It has the apps I need/want, so i'm good there. I just got my second Blackberry a few months ago. A friend of mine went from a Blackberry to an iPhone and wants her Blackberry back.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have a Samsung rogue. It is touch screen like the iPhone but slides open with full keyboard. I love it and I do not have to pay $30 data fee on top of th e480 monthly bill and fess for the apps. An IPhone is just a new way of leeching you out of money.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Well, maybe. But even when it's been charging it seems like it dies really quickly. Maybe he needs a new battery, I am not sure.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have a Droid 2. Great apps, all the ones u listed, great cmaera and I really like it. Plus it has the pull out keybord which I prefer over a full touchscreen, it does also operate just on touchscreen too though.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Ibelongtojesus, acutally you cant get the $30/data plan with AT&T anymore thats for unlimited internet (unless you had it already like I did), however they have $25 and $15 data plans that cover alot of internet use.

Also in the 3 years I have had the iPhone Ive paid for a total of 4 apps, each .99 so $4 in all, and I have gone through atleat 300 apps so far. We do have a large monthly bill but thats cause we have 3 phones, 2 data plans, a family unlimited Text & MMS, comes to $150 a month.

Rezelda, might be the battery, I don't know how you would change that out. You can always call Apple up and find out what you can do. Ive heard of people going into the Apple store and telling them they have a issue with there phone and been given a new one. But also I saw the AT&T (atleast mine) that the iPhone 3GS is going for $45 right now with the OS4.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• ty whole i might looka tit then dh was cringin when i showed interest because some of verizons data packages can go up to $50 a month. if it is $15 I could convinve him anything more though... LOL.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It might be better than some smartphones, but it's not better than the Motorola Droid X, which is what I have. ;D
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have seen Verizon is more costly. I have a few friends that have it, and they will not get data plans due to the high cost which is higher then AT&T.

-AJ, I was wondering, do you have a program on your computer for your droid? I don't know if they come with that. Like can you download all your stuff and upload to a new droid phone? Anyone that know this answer please answer.

Its funny I think we all get a little protective over out phones. I have told sales people to hold there breath about changing my mind about my iphone. Something about the comfort of the iTunes store is what has kept me. Fact is the Droid doesn't have the apps I need like all the special ones for my son. We are about to put out 200 for a special app that is only on iPhones, iPads, or iPod Touch for children with speech delays, something they arent going to change to make for the Droid anytime soon. You cant beat nearly 300k apps.
    whoreallycares

Comment by whoreallycares (original poster) at 6:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2011