Do yuo know any way to weigtloss durin breastfeeding?

rahil382

Asked by rahil382 at 5:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• breast feeding in it self should help u lose weight but i wouldnt do any diet cuz it could hurt ur supply!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with not dieting! Just eat healthy, and once you're cleared to resume normal activities, light exercise. As far as breast feeding helping you lose weight, well, every woman's body is different. Some lose it quickly thanks to breast feeding, some do not. I wasn't one of the lucky women. I didn't drop the weight quickly at all. I lost a little bit, but definitely not everything I gained.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Weight Watchers is safe for nursing moms!
    nyyankeecutee

Answer by nyyankeecutee at 3:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Just watch what you eat. Make your calories count. Make healthy choices in what foods you eat, exercise, and take care of yourself. If you keep away the sugar and refined carbohydrates, that will help big time. Same with the saturated and trans fats. Don't count your calories, and don't go hungry. Just eat a balance or whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and veggies (and low fat/nonfat dairy), and you should be okay. Listen to your body signals, and stop when you're full. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that you're full, so be patient and give yourself the time to feel full. Good luck, and happy breastfeeding! Great choice, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• BREASTFEED!!! I lost all my weight and then some, lol
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I've heard that breastfeeding helps you lose weight by itself.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• breastfeeding is the same as running 5 miles a day...so YES..I lose 15lbs in the first month (but I also was eating clean all during and right after my pregnancy). I started working out hard only 4 days after I gave birth. So my weight dropped fast. The reason some don't lose is because they are eating too much bad food, but even with that, you should still loose a little. It also depends how often you breastfeed and how long..I breastfed for over the first year..so that is also why I got so tiny..lol.
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Please keep in mind that every woman's body is different! Breast feeding DOES help SOME women lose weight very easily. But for others, not so much! I'll probably get voted down for this, but whatever. I wouldn't rely on breast feeding alone to help you out. I was told by a lot of people that I would lose all of the baby weight and then some very quickly because I breast fed. And while it didn't effect my view on breast feeding at all, I was seriously disappointed when I didn't. (fyi: I enjoyed the breast feeding experience, and nursed for 17 months with my daughter. I plan on doing it again with the next one.) Also, every baby/experience is different too. Example: my mom lost all her weight and then some breast feeding me, but didn't lose much at all with my sister.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I also forgot to add: I ate very healthy. I had to. My daughter's tummy was sensitive, so I had to watch what I ate carefully. So "eating bad food" was not the reason why I didn't lose the weight. We also breast fed on demand, and frequently. My body was just different. As are a lot of women's. I've heard plenty of stories from women just like me who didn't drop the weight, and did things pretty much the same. It's just that everyone's body is different! Some lose the weight, some don't.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2011