2 and a half year old screaming

i dono know what to do my 2 and a half year old screams and crys every time he dose not get his way and he can do it so well my nebours hear him we got new nebours a months ago and they keep calling the police every time i just try to ignore him just now he been scream for 10 mins as he wants snack but i said no as his big brother not home and will be in a few mins if i get snack to him now i have to give him more when his big bother gets his . i'm sitting her what him in time out scareming and banging his head and feet on the floor so upset as i know the police are gona be here any sec but i try distracting him lots of way i offerd him music and cartoons, toys cuddles . dummys nothing working he just keeps screaming then saying snack he wont stop screaming till he gets his way , and yes i tryed telling him soon and when his big brother get home he just screams more

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 5:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's time to spank his little bare leg when you tell him no. He will still cry, but it will be of much shorter duration. And he will soon learn that when he throws a fit, he's going to feel some pain, and he will stop throwing the fits. It's about controlling you and winning, and it is up to you to put a stop to it. If you don't, it won't get better. It will, in fact, get worse. This is the beginning of the battle of the wills-his against yours. Do not give in and do not give up. Get yourself a little flyswatter, tell him what is is for, use it, and watch him change. Children have to be taught that their bad choices have serious consequences and that those involve some pain. If you will be consistent with his discipline, this will work. Please don't let him control your household.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Just make your life easy and give him a snack. It is not like it is an expensive toy or something and 2 year olds are incredibly unreasonable. On this one, I would give in. :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• yeah but is he gets to meny snacks he wont eat anything for lunch or tea he allready a bit under weight but the health vistor say it ok as he supar livly
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 6:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with Nanny. If you give in to this, you will set a precedence for things to come in the future. And, it's easier to break now than later after he's been given his way for so long. Nip it in the bud. You will be GLAD you did!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• DO NOT GIVE IN! Disipline him. Dont beat him but spank him to where he knows he cant show out. If you let this go on, you will have hell to pay when he gets in his teens. I know its hard but children are smart, they will get it eventually. Im going through the same thing with my 20 month old DD.
    kelly92088

Answer by kelly92088 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my son is the same way I put him on a food schedule that helps breakfast then later a snack then dinner .If he cries after i say no twice and explain to him snack time is over it will be back I give him a time out
    ttc_number2

Answer by ttc_number2 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2011