anxiety problems.....

struggling with anxiety.. It's like night and day with me I feel myself when things are calm but my heart races, and my chest gets tight, and I cant concentrate on aything , I feel adhd almost but when the anxiety level is down I feel back to normal. Stress used to set it off but now its like it starts up randomly and takes a day or two to unwind and hope nothing happens to set it off I stay in my home except to shop for necessities, going for walks hasnt helped, a drive makes it worse, I just want this gone. my doc said zoloft but you have to ween on and off of it and I didnt like it last time I was on it. I cant take anything natural bc they dont know much about it but formula 303 worked wonders but doc said to stop takin it bc it "could" cause "mutations" which made me stop.. oh im 26 weeks pregnant too so thats a big factor does anyone else struggle with anything like this??

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• I used to have really bad anxiety. For me it helped to identify why I was having anxiety. When I looked deep down, I realized that I was afraid of dying. So every little symptom I got, I would think that I was having a heart attack or a stroke.
    Once I realized that, I was able to talk myself down. I realized that I wasn't drinking enough water and that would make my heart beat hard and fast. Once I started drinking more water, I felt much better.
    For me, my anxiety is all in my head. I know what to do to calm myself down.
    If you want to talk, feel free to message me. Many people have anxiety and go through the same things that you are going through...talking with someone who has it can help.
    Good Luck
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 6:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had feelings of anxiety and panic throughout my pregnancy (and I had had them here and there in previous years). My doctor gave me an inhaler and it seemed to help. I would feel my chest tighten and it was hard to breath. I would ask about it next time you see your doctor. You can take it while your pregnant, but not afterwards (if your breast feeding).
    Mrs.Corona1

Answer by Mrs.Corona1 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2008