What are some fun, educational, unusual, clever, creative things that your kids have done at preschool?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Our preschool/daycare provider is amazing. They constantly do great things. One thing - In the beginning of winter she buys everyone a stuffed animal that hibernates. This year it was a bat. The kids make a habitat for it out of a shoe box, leaves, and sticks. They paint it. They put the animal to sleep on the fist day of winter. On the first day of spring they have a wake up party. They yell "wake up bats!" Then they get to take it home.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Each of my kids when they were in the 3 yo group made hand prints in plaster that we had framed. My kids love to look at how small their hands used to be. They are now 14 and 12.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My son attends art separately from his classroom at school They do a lot with clay. He has made bowls and painted them, wind chimes, and various sculptures. I like to think of those as abstract art. His school will occasionallydo pottery night for families.  He also comes home frequently with jewelry.  By this point I broke down and bought a box to keep his wearable art.  Beads with clay hearts and other items they painted.  They also paint and do the usual.  For holidays they will do the candy houses and decorate them to the themes.  The entire class takes part.  The entire school does a recycled scarecrow every year.  Each class brings in their items to recycle and then add to the creation.  They are free to cut, glue, create, paint, sketch, and color throughout the day as the mood strikes them. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They had a Jamboree where each child brought in a jar of jam and they made jam sandwiches. They sampled green eggs & ham. They did an experiment about things that float and things that fly.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2011