R-E-S-P-E-C-T!?!?!?!?

What does this say about Obama's most popular and vocal supporter?!  Is this her way of admitting she was wrong, has serious doubts about his abilities, and/or "buyer's remorse," while attempting to preserve her reputation--which in her case translates to ratings and profits?!

"Oprah called on President Obama's critics on Friday to “show some level of respect.”

"I feel that everybody has a learning curve, and I feel that the reason why I was willing to step out for him was because I believed in his integrity and I believed in his heart," the influential TV host said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” in Chicago."

So, two-years into his term, with the national deficit and unemployment numbers at record highs, and no steady/stable downward trends in sight, those of us who were RIGHT ALL ALONG, and KNEW Obama was NOT experienced enough to lead this country, are being asked to show him RESPECT, when they NEVER showed GW Bush an ounce of respect from DAY ONE, because they desperately wanted Al Gore to win, and STILL think Bush somehow stole the election! 

How does crippling this country and the American people--who are losing their homes, cannot find gainful employment, are having trouble feeding their children, lend itself to giving the persons (Obama Administration and Congress) RESPONSIBLE for NOT addressing these issues CORRECTLY, somehow lend itself to giving RESPECT!?!??

And since when did we start electing presidents PRIMARILY because one perceives them "having a good heart?!"  Ugh!

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0211/just_a_little_bit_868941d7-3826-4a53-9390-43550fabcd93.html

Side Note:  Oprah's "OWN" network, is a ratings FAILURE!  I wonder if THIS is why she is trying to save face regarding her steadfast endorsement of Obama?!

In its fifth full week of programming (1/31-2/6), OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network was down 17% vs. last week with last week among women 25-54 in total day (40,000 vs. 48,000), and down 34% among women 25-54 in primetime (54,000 vs. 82,000).

OWN is now well below last year’s women 25-54 averages for Discovery Health . OWN replaced Discovery Health which averaged 51,000 W25-54 Total Day, and 84,000 W25-54 in Prime Time during 2010.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/08/own-oprah-winfrey-network-ratings-keep-falling-now-well-below-discovery-health-women-25-54-averages/81904

Your thoughts?!  :o)

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 8:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My thoughts? Well, I don't think anything of Oprah, to be honest. She's a nutjob wacko left wing weirdo. Oh, I'm sorry, I DO think something of her! LOL. As for what she said about Barry, well, it's obvious she'd sell her soul to the devil to have gotten him elected, and we aren't entirely sure she, or him, or both didn't, to be honest. Everytime she's onstage with him, she' practically has an orgasm,and it's revolting to watch her "moon" over a married man like she's a 15 year old fawning all over Justin Beiber!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My thoughts are anon must need a hobby as well since she has the time to do a drive by meaningless comment on your post.

Respect is earned and Obama's blatent disregard for the American people has NOT earned respect from me. I think Oprah has seen her day. I have never nor do I plan to watch her network.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My thoughts? I do offer my respect to people as human beings. I am not intentionally cruel to people. We need to be thoughtful and kind to one another as fellow humans.

But, I will call a spade a spade. We do not elect the leader of the free world just because he has a 'good heart' and a questionable plan for the future. He (or she) should have to be able to show that he has the ability to handle the job he is applying for. Once in that job, he should be able to choose people to fill key roles based on their strengths, not on their friendships. He should be able to acknowledge his areas of weakness (all of us have them) and listen to the advisers he chose.

Obama the human has my respect. I do not wish harm to fall on him. Obama the president has done nothing to earn my respect. He had no experience going in and has done nothing since to show that he has any idea what he's doing there.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with her that the office of the President deserves respect.

But TWO YEARS as a "learning curve"? Had Sarah Palin been elected President, NO ONE would have cut her that kind of slack!!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• It's a word that reflects the worst fears that people have for Obama the "arrogant," the "messiah," that imagines he's here to "rule" instead of govern."

And THAT is exactly what they believe, Communists don't govern they RULE.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My thoughts on Oprah -- well, I don't think much about her. I have not bothered to watch her network, don't even know if I get it with my viewing plan, don't care to find out. If I happen to see her on TV (in a doctor's office, for example), I shrug, choose a seat as far trom the Tv as possible, and pick up a a magazine or open my book. I quit paying serious attention to her a long time ago.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Really! So, from this point forward no one can speak his/her mind regarding the president. Well, how will Jimmy Carter deal with it. He was one of the biggest critic of GWB with some very harsh language. Why do the dems always want people to be nice to them, but they don't have to be nice back? Joy Behar will have to just shut up and go away. How about Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews? How will they do what they do without being able to dis' a republican? When a repub returns to the WH in 2012, what will these people do. Oprah can kiss my butt.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• why do you have to respect any one?? I always thought you had to earn it or at least prove you are capable of having the respect of people..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The office deserves respect because it represents the vote of the people. That Obama has not earned his title is to his voters shame and Obama's legacy. Oprah has identified with a loser and her ratings reflect her choice. I do not watch daytime TV and would never watch her new network because I do not respect her judgment.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I will, and have always, respected the office of the President. That does not mean I have to respect the person in that office. Respect is earned. Obama has not earned my respect. All he's getting from me is disdain.

As far as Oprah goes, who cares?! I don't remember Oprah (or any other liberal for that matter) standing up and saying critics of GW Bush need to "show some level of respect' for his presidency...
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 2:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011