Do we really care???

What is happening in Egypt? Except for the gas prices potentially going up because of Egypt. I do not care what is happening over there.

Asked by louise2 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• louise2....Do you keep close watch over your young child in the playground because a predator may be lurking? Not likely to happen but you are prepared. It is the same with intelligence about the Middle East that will affect our economy and our service men and women if tensions escalate. Do not confuse paranoia with watchfulness.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Wow.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I care- only because it's a revolution. How can you watch a group of people, civilians, overthrow their government because it's the right thing to do, and not care? People who don't care about what goes on in the world are simply what everyone thinks American's are- close-minded, self-centered, arrogant, and ignorant. When a revolution happens in your own country, I hope you don't care.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yes, I really CARE. What happens in Egypt effects the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You can't speak for 'we'. Some people actually do care. That kind of attitude is why I care, and teach my children to be tolerate of those who have hate.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I do care. I used to work in the middle east and many of my student's had families living there. This is a very sad thing. If you do not understand that the world, your safe little world, is not the only world...Well, I just feel sorry for you. We are all interconnected and if Egypt falls into the wrong political hands, our world will be hurt by it.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 9:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Why don't you care? Do you have ANY clue of what the repercussions can potentially be on the world? On Egypt itself if it falls the wrong way? Are you that wrapped up in just yourself that you are that clueless to reality?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I don't know about you, but I sure as heck do!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:04 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yes I care. How can you sit back and watch the events of the world unfold and not care. Things that happen all over the world have an impact on every nation. These are children of God as well as any one else and I hate to see the civil unrest that is occuring. Our Military are all over the world protecting our freedom do you not care what happens to them. Every potential civil unrest or fighting could eventually bring our troops in for help. I love my country and support all the troops and pray that the world will one day be more peaceful so we do not have to lose our loved ones in wars and civil unrest etc. Besides our military it is important to learn from what happens in other countries as well to prevent us from making the same mistakes.
    rhonda0428

Answer by rhonda0428 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

If we are truly citizens of the world, we will care enough to not continue to repeat the murders and genocides of leaders who take over to 'cleanse' a country, exact a revenge, or is there just for the power. The link lists genocides by leaders. Some are modern times that we might have been able to lessen if not stop if we had voiced an opinion. It is rather humbling to see how many people died just because they existed. Now, I don't know if the new Egyptian gov't will be this way since it doesn't exist yet, but history of the region gives a clue it could. That is why we should care.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2011