Any advice for a new couple trying to concieve??? ill take it all.

my boyfriend and i have been seeing each other for a while and we want to have a baby so we decided to start trying. he almost my fainance, we wanna get engaged on valentines day which is right around the corner. ive been doing research like crazy trying to see what we need to do. i know its not just about having sex when your ovulating. I just wanted to get some advice from mom and people who are trying. was it hard to concieve? how long did it take you? ive had a miscarriage so im really nervous about becoming pregnant again. my stress levels really hit the roof with my last pregnancy because at that time we hadnt braced ourselves emotionally,physically, and fanancially like we have this time. also, early in b4 i knew i smoked every now n then. ive quit, about 8months ago so its been 6months since my miscarriage. anywho, advice on trying to concieve please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• When we were "trying" for my dau, I found that not really trying & getting all stressed out about it worked the best. I'm sure I'll get voted down for this- but frankly my dear, I dont give a damn. Honestly, I just put my faith in God, that He would let it happen when or if it was meant to happen. No ovulation kits, no watching the calendar or taking my temp. Just relax your mind & body & enjoy the "trying" process. Some couples try for up to 2 years before having success. You know you can conceive, so I wouldnt be rushing to the fertility specialist. So relax & have some faith hon. I'm sure you'll be blessed w/ a little one when the time is right. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't stress about it relax. When it happens it will happen. I had a miscariage myself and was very upset about it. When I did get pregnant again . I was a little nervous I was worried I would lose another one but I didn't. Just enjoy each other and have fun trying. If you only focus on getting pregnant it makes it harder.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 8:45 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You have to have regular sex throughout your whole cycle every 2nd day i would recommend, eat healthy, get plenty of exercise dont stress. It can take anywhere from 6mths to 1year for a healthy couple to concieve
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 8:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• So you have been pregnant before Anonymous? So you know how to get pregnant? Yes the one thing you usually have to do, if you are TTC the natural way is to have sex. Unprotected sex. And your SO has to ejaculatein side you. Would be a good idea if you two had sex around your ovulation time.  Just because you had one miscarriage does not mean you will have another.

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2011