Moms with daughters

do you have any special rituals you do with just them? My 5yr old and I have just started sharing tea, we have been shopping the tea isle and we have tried quite a few cups of different tea together, I really am loving this, and so does she, as this is something the men in our house have no interest in whatsoever

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 8:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• What a sweet thing. I had boys, but now have a grandaughter, and I love doing things with her. We bake together and we had tea parties together when she was little. We used to have a tea house in the next town, and we went there and had tea. They had hats and gloves to wear. It was so cool! Now that its gone, we go out for ice cream together or have a girls dary out. Shopping & lunch, and talking girl stuff. I love it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• The big thing with my girls & I was giving each other mani/pedis. Now, it's a ritual with my granddaughter and me. :-)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Well my DD is 2 1/2 and my other DD will be here in May, so we don't not have any mother/daughter rituals yet, but I can't wait too!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• My daughter and i like to go Starbucks together
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 8:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Not yet, she is only 17 months. But I cant wait to do stuff like like that with her
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• We go shopping together. My oldest is 22 and even now she will call and ask if I want to go shopping. Its when we share alot of things with one another. She has a dd now as well too so we will all go, my oldest dd, youngest dd (6 yrs old), and grand daughter (2 yrs old). When we go out we not only buy things, but we will get our hair cut, window shop etc.
    The other thing I do with them is go to the movies. We can watch romantic comedies and what have you without the boys there saying oh this is so dumb.

Answer by gemgem at 9:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have 5 daughters and we do each others hair & make up, plus we do mani's and pedis we try to do this once a week! it is our mommy -daughter time!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my daughter and I don't have a set ritual, but we like to do all things girly together. :) She's a blast to shop with
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I dont have a set ritual either but I try to do different fun girly things all the time. We do tea, mani/pedis. go out to eat and do whatever she or I are in the mood for and shes only 3. Cant wait until she is older.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• If we do it isn't something girly because I'm not into any of that stuff. I don't think we have any (I have 3 girls-10, 8 and almost 5). The rituals I have are with my son. We'll spend the whole day watching sci-fi or football. I have no interest in "girl" stuff like makeup (don't wear it), painting nails (no nail polish at all in the house), doing hair or dressing up or anything like that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011