Did you have a low milk supply while Breast feeding?

I am currently breast feeding (have been for about 2 1/2 months) and I'm pretty sure I have a low milk supply. I spoke to my Dr. and she told me to try fenugreek and I would like to know if any of you have used it and what kind of results did you see, if any at all? Thnx

XoXoshewahXoXo

Asked by XoXoshewahXoXo at 5:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not in the least. For the first couple of months with my first two babies I was leaking all the time, and my babies were eating just fine. It was great to help build up a back up supply. I am currently nursing twins and having to pump in between feedings as well still. Which is cool, because my hubby can take care of at least a few late night feedings.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have always had a low supply; I've been breastfeeding for 8 months now. For a while we supplemented; at 5 months we started solids (and solids really took off at 6 months). Fenugreek didn't work for me, but it did wonders for other women I know, including my husband's aunt who is a first time ADOPTIVE mother (she took other things with the help of her doctor).
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I didn't. Why do you think you have a low supply? That could help me help you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• A lot of times moms think they have a low supply when they don't. Basically, if your baby is happy and healthy and gaining weight like he/she should then you have enough milk. The BEST way to increase supply is to encourage baby to nurse more frequently.
    How your breasts feel (hard, soft etc.), how much you leak (or don't), how much milk you can pump, are all poor indicators of milk supply.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Some women have low milk supply because of the food that they eat or lack there of. Fenugreek didn't work for me. Mother's Milk Tea worked for me. I liked the tea and drank about 5+ cups a day. I found it at GNC. You can usually find it usually at a health food store. I had problems when my son was hospitalized for 2 months. I absolutely hated pumping. I could not relax enough for my milk to let down properly, hence, my low milk supply. I hope this helps.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I used it along with Blessed Thistle and drank some mother milk tea and it really helped out hope that helps with your feeding.
    bworley

Answer by bworley at 9:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008