What do you know of or think about Hare Krishnas?

shivasgirl

Asked by shivasgirl at 8:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Honestly, until I just googled it I knew nothing about it except from what I'd seen in the Airplane movies...lol....but it sounds like a peaceful enough religion.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I don't know very much about them, but I really like this song, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLLAUPS2C1A

Peacefulpanda

Answer by Peacefulpanda at 9:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• A friend of mine is a Hare Krishna, and she's one of the best people I know. She isn't strict in her belief and practice, but her parents are Hare Krishna and she was raised with their teachings. I know her parents lived in a temple for a while and that Hare Krishna's worship Lord Krishna over all deities, but that is the extent of my knowledge.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Jeez, witchqueen. Is there ANY people of faith that you have respect for?
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• that's odd, I am a Hare Krishna, and we do not encourage women to cut their hair off, actually it is the opposite. Women should have long hair. There are a lot of people who come into the religion looking for a way to gt off drugs but as in any religion, you have to want off drugs to get off them, religion will not do it for you. I am sorry about your friend's daughter. Hopefully she will find her way, whatever way is right for her
    shivasgirl

Comment by shivasgirl (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Neutral
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• This was a long time ago in early 1980's. In Brooklyn, NY. Things were done differently back then probably .
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• the Broolkyn temple was corrupt in the early '80's. I converted in 1982, but didnt know about the few bad temples up n orth until the late '90's, We have since cleaned house so to speak.
    shivasgirl

Comment by shivasgirl (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Good. Being from up north I was exposed to that and many other religions and nationalties.I stayed neutral and till this day remember her so happy being part of a group that was keeping her off drugs.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• They seem to be a peaceful bunch.

Answer by older at 9:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2011