Two boys with ADHD adult content

I feel like no matter what I do with my boys it's a loosing battle they both set eachother off all the time it's so frustrating my older son with his noises sets my younger son off he is on focalin that can only control so much my younger son just started brightspark they both have different sensory issues the younger is very sensitive that sets him off.I'am afraid because they have the same problem it will never get better for any of us.

Honey408

Asked by Honey408 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have identical twin boys who have Acute Genetic ADHD. They are no 18yo and were diagnosed at 6yo. It takes time to adjust, adapt and deal with the challenges. Ppl who don't deal with these challenges don't realize that we parents are also faced with these challenges, not just the kids. You will eventually learn how to cope with each child's seperate issues & the issues as a whole. The tough thing is, it is a life-long challenge. And, issues change as their lives change with growth spurts, hormone changes, environmental changes, social changes, etc. Find out if there is a support group in your area. Becoming friends with parents of like-children can be a HUGE help. Also, there are ADHD groups here on CM that offer GREAT support. Honestly, I can't tell you it will "get better" per se. But, I can say that you will learn to adapt, cope and help your children do the same.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my sons both have ODD and ADHD...those are only two of the diagnoses we have until we see a neuropshychiatrist (soon i hope) i am asking their therapists for meds due to the fact that i am at the end of my rope:( they are only 5 n 6 but good god they are a handful! they cant focus on anything! we do art therapy and twice a week, i have a local agency come in with what is called a "shadow" parent. they come for a couple of hours a night or day and help show me different ways to deal and cope. this service starts next week tho so i cant wait to see what happens with it! hang in there momma! maybe you can call aruond your area and see if they offer the shadow parent option jsut for a lil help for yourself too:)
    Lovelylis

Answer by Lovelylis at 10:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• my daughter has sensory issues(they think asperger) ,adhd, and auditory processing disorder. i feel for you. my oldest daughter counselor noted that my youngest has it as well but no will help me with her issues:( , she is the one who will scream til no end , and cut all my mattresses up ( we kept hiding scissors and she would find anther pair) and she seems like she does not hear us all the time either, and she also cried alot from the time she was born and still does at the age of 8. I feel for you. I wsh i knew what to say or do for you. Prayers& hugs
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Also not sure if you have done this already, but look into food intolerances...I have read alot latly in the papers etc about how certain foods make adhd worse. Things like food colorings, artificial preservatives, dairy, wheat, all sorts. Just something to look into.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Have you ever tried body brushing? It really helps my daughter when she has a lot of impulsive behaviors or feeling fussy/sensitive.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Yikes, good luck!
    DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 12:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2011