Still looking for work......

i am still looking for work, i have been to every site online there is and i find nothing, can anyone suggest any other sites, housekeeper, housekeeping/personal assistant job sites?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Careerbuilder.com seems to have a lot of postings. Have you tried finding a local job-search site? In Cleveland, there is one called "clevelandjobs.com" - have you tried Googling? My mom went through Manpower (temp agency) for awhile, I believe they are nationwide. Best of luck, it's tough finding work right now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Girl I know how u feel! Me and DH have been looking for work since August of last year. DH just found another job..which happens to be the last job he worked...and he starts Monday. He has been out of work since August tho. We have looked and looked for work. When you go places they say go to our website! Job hunting sucks! But yeah...Idk which ones u have tried but try Craigslist.org, Snagajob.com, indeed.com. If u have a Goodwill near by check to see if they have a job connections. They help people find work. Dont forget ur local dept of labor. GL to u!
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I have my own business and when I got laid off in April of 09', I too was looking for a job. Thankfully I found a business that I am in love with :o) I found that there aren't many legit jobs out there to do from home and the ones that are out there, are filled. I suggest really doing your research because there are soooooo many scams!

Best of Luck in your search :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Don't limit yourself to housekeeping jobs, even if it's "what you do". My husband tried doing this and he's not been able to find a job because he limits himself. Find any work you can get, and search for the "what you do" jobs later. Money is money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• You need to try some new stragies. Try attending job fairs, call up employers to ask if they are hiring, set up a Linkedin profile and get active in groups that pertain to job hunting or your local area, network, call temp agencies, volunteer.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Go to the direct company websites. Do you want a hotel housekeeping position? Go to that hotel's website. There are usually employment tabs there. Also, go directly to the place you are looking for a job. Usually I get a quicker response by meeting someone in person than the website.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011