Leaving around the holidays....

I just want to know if anyone else is thinking about leaving soon.........and it being so soon to the holidays, does that make you rethink what you're doing? Just curious what everyones thoughts are on this. Please discuss. What do you think? Is it a bad idea? Or will it never be a good time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Leaving as in leaving your husband? If so, I think if you feel strongly enough to leave then any time is a good time. Holidays just cause more stress so leaving before the holidays is a smart idea in my opinion.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Unfortunately, I work at an airport, and they know no holidays. My father is keeping the kids while my husband is on the road truck driving. Nope, we're staying here...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Leaving your husband or going out of town.... We are going out of town, but I am taking my husband lol... As far as leaving your husband during the holidays, I wouldn't wait for that reason alone.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i'm assuming leaving your husband, no time's a better time than the present. if you feel that strongly, and you've both talked about it, if you feel its the best thing for everyone, the only one standing in your way is you.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes, leaving my SO. lol. Sorry about not clarifying that. That did make me giggle.
    Anonymous

• (poster) I am unsure because everything you read says not to leave during the holidays etc. etc. But honestly, I don't know if I could make ti through the holidays. You are right, is more stressful. All we do is fight now (everyday) and we tend to fight more during the holidays. :(
    Anonymous

• I am with you on this. Me and the kids are going home to my family for thanksgiving. I am coming back I think. but plan on being ready to leave for good by christams break from school. We have lots of problems and I am not leaving just because the holidays. With as bad as he treats me I dont really care how he feels about being alone on the holidays. Besides with mine he wont be alone anyway and me staying thru them will just make it worse for me and the kids. None of us will be happy during them and the kids deserve to be happy holidays are for family and he isnt acting like family so he can have holidays without a family
    bellabuddybug

Answer by bellabuddybug at 9:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My BFF left her husband last year 10 days before Christmas with 3 kids in tow. The kids were 8, 6, and 2, she left after being raped for the last time! You have to do what you have to do. The kids had 2 Christmases one with my friend and her family and then one a couple days later with their dad and his family. Just remember to put the kids first and if you do leave get a restraining order and a temporary custody order before you leave them alone with your husband. Until you have a custody order he has as much right to them as you do and he doesn't have to give them back.
    tagable

Answer by tagable at 4:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008