Valentines day with my 3yr old.

I try to start a tradition on doing certain things on certain holidays and days. For example my daughters bday is on 7/4 for every birthday since she was one we have a party and then we all go to watch fireworks. (she is 3 now.)

I know valentines day is a made up holiday and many feel its is ploy to get people to spend. I dont really care. I love my daughter every day and valentines day is nice occassion to express it outward your love for anyone.

So given that she is 3 its hard to find something to do.

Last year... I bought a lot of arts and craft stuff and have a few little girls her age come over and we made valentine baskets and hearts for them to give to someone special. We have cake and danced and just had a cute fun time.

This year I do not know what to do and I really want to. She loves going out to eat so I wanted to dress up just her and I(maybe her dad, or maybe a friend and her daughter) go out to eat and give her a little flower .

Does this sound good or bad.. any suggestions what we can do?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds cute... do it!
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Valentine's Day is based around "Saint Valentine" which was a priest who faught for couples to get married... and now commercialized into companies seling trash, but than again all companies do it all holidays... why else would MLK have an influx of car ads stating to celebate MLK Day??? Doesn't mean Martin Luther King is a made up person...

However if you wanna celebrate the holiday with your three year old... ~*Cute*~

Since you have negative thoughts/feelings towards the holiday it could become a time when you do hand made crafts using her ctual hand/foot prints and to celebrate your child since I'm guessing it isn't marriage for you? Not trying to sound rude/crude, but those who bash the holiday it's usually because they are single or pissed at an ex, or man that refuses to marry them
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I didnt mean to seem like I am bashing the holiday. I said I know its made up.. because I thought some people would come in saying its fake, its made up and yeddi, yadda and you shouldnt need a holiday to show love and all that..

I love valentines day..
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• That sounds like a good idea.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 1:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2011