Maybe you ladies can help me - like a nurse??

I am a 25 year old mom and have been sick off and on since the first week in December (first a sinus infection, then a cough and cold, then the flu with an upper respiratory infection). I have been diagnosed with Costochondritis this past Thursday due to chest pain, and now have a sore throat and minor cough this morning. I have never been sick this much in such a short amount of time, as I'm normally a very healthy person. Is this someone to be concerned about? Should I be having my doctor look into something more serious?

I leave on vacation on Tuesday, so I'm really trying to get this under control before I am 12,000 miles away from my doctor. The doctor mentioned that if the pain in my chest didn't go away "in a few days" that I should come back in for a x-ray. Should I consider having this done now that I'm getting the cough and sore throat? I plan on calling the on call doctor today, or at least my regular doctor first thing Monday morning, but I'm just curious until then...

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Health

• I would go to the ER and ask for a chest XRay. Make sure they know you are planning on traveling Tuesday. Perhaps they can give you a 4-5day antibiotic. Followup with your family Dr on Monday.
    I'm not a nurse, but, I just went through all of this during the holidays. hth!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2011