How far will your love go?

I am engaged and I love my DF entirely. I love his faults, dumbfounded looks, and everything about him. I love the good and the bad. We have had several conversations about the good and bad because any relationship will struggle with bad things and I believe in focusing on the good to get you through them.
I have never felt more in love, content, and sure of anything in my life when I think about us getting married. This is unusual for me because I spent 4 years in a deep dark depression where everything was completely confusing.
So I wonder how far would my love go? I believe it will go far and last. I have faith in us as a couple and as husband and wife to be. But I was never so sure before in relationships so just curious if anyone has any similar ideas, stories, or anything to share?

ConnectHearts

Asked by ConnectHearts at 10:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I gave up my teaching career so that my husband (the month after we got married) go fulfill his dream of working in Japan. That's how far my love goes, in distance.
    I still love him despite the number of new faults I find every year. There are just as many good qualities to discover. I'm in this for the long haul.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 10:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• im really not sure what you mean by "how far will your love go"

Ive been married 17.5 yrs and see this 'going' for the rest of our lives. Is that what you mean?

Or do you mean how far would I push my morality for him? I would not 'go' any where immoral for him... I love him 100% but in the end have to answer to my own morality.

Or do you mean litterally? I would travel/move/ etc. anywhere his job took us... if it was in the best interest of our family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Ask yourself... if he were in some kind of an accident, and numb from the wasit down, could never again have sex for starters, but couldn't work because he were in a wheelchair... would you stay and still love him even though you were the one picking up all the slack

It is easy to love someone when they provide all, do all, and provide all your wants/needs... can you still love them if they didn't?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2011

• 36 years and still going great.It can be done,just have to find that one person that fits all your crannies LOL.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• I agree with you 100% because I married my sure thing and it is great but please dont put him on a peddle stool because I sort of did and 2 years now into our marriage he got caught trying to talk to another women and I didnt catch him he would have dated her on the side and kept me the good thing.
    Men are strange animals and I trusted him and our relationship 100% and he did this to me, we also talked about everything we could and got alone great I think they just are insecure and want to see if they can still attract the other sex.....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2011

• Thanks for all comments. Didn't need advice because I am sure enough with myself to know my love will last forever.
    ConnectHearts

Comment by ConnectHearts (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2011