HELP!! I've been doing good with eating healthy for almost 1/2 year and I'm really getting off track this past week, weddings, parties, donuts at work (who can refuse donuts at work)!!

I feel like I'm going downhill with my eating, a little out of control -- please words of encouragement/advice on how to turn back around and get back on track!!! Thanks.

Frankie64

Asked by Frankie64 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Wow that anon poster is really annoying...

Remember that it's OK to cheat once in a while so long as you don't overdo it. When I go food shopping I refuse to buy snacks like cookies and chips. Instead I fill my fridge with fruit and veggies. If I'm going somewhere that I know will have junk I bring fruit with me. It's a lot about willpower.

One thing that helps me is when I look at unhealthy food I just picture all the things in it that are bad. I remind myself why I don't want to eat it. What it will do to my body (not just weight but health as well).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Look in the Mirror, do you like what you see?

Imagine how others see you.
    Eating those donuts and bad foods makes you look like a PIG!
    Someone who is Weak!

NOW GET BACK ON TRACK, STOP BEING A PIG ITS GROSS!
    AND DON'T YOU WANT TO BE HEALTHY FOR YOUR CHILDREN?
    WHAT DOES YOUR HUSBAND REALLY THINK OF YOU? YOU HONESTLY THINK HE FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE?

Hows that?
    Does that help any lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Actually I love what I see -- and I'm actually very fit. My mother died of cancer this year and I'm trying to eat healthier in order to be around for my kids, longer than my mother. I'm not overweight at all. It's a matter of being healthy and I've gotten a little off track lately. Anonymous: Now you go and have yourself a good day, sounds like you need it!!!
    Frankie64

Answer by Frankie64 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I truly think if you had someone to be accountable to other than yourself it may help. I know it helps me. If you never need anyone to talk to let me know! I have so many friends online that we keep track of each other and how the other is doing. :) Good luck girlie. It is hard but you already KNOW you can do it.
    DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 12:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I recommend the Beck's Diet Solution. It isn't about telling you how to eat. It's a six week program that teaches you how to change your perception of food. So when you are around tempting food, you can pass them up without feeling deprived. I am only on my second week but it has helped.
    Charlyesmama

Answer by Charlyesmama at 11:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I love to eat believe me. im a sucker for cupcakes. When i eat a bunch of junk i take two TBLs of organic apple vinager. i also take it before bed. It makes me not hunger i drink alot of water... its a great body detox
    cupcakegreene08

Answer by cupcakegreene08 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2008