what was the best gift you recieved at your baby shower?

I am buying things for my sister, I want to get her something really good, I didnt get anything but clothes. so i dont know we had to buy everything ourselves.
What was the best gift you recieved?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diapers

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• winnie the pooh bouncer with vibrator was the best gift because my son loved it from infant all the way till he was already to big for it at 2 lol. plus after he grew out of it I sold it and got what it was worth:)
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 5:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• So many good ones.
    *Gift basket with all kinds of medicines and "quick fixes" for fussy babies (ice packs, tylenol, gas drops, etc). You could also include relaxing things for mom. :)
    *Arms reach co-sleeper (we didnt co-sleep but I use it as a pack n play for naps and stuff, plus overnight trips).
    *Boppy - no need to explain, that thing is freakin great!
    *Mirror for backseat so you can see baby in carseat, and baby can see too!

Good luck, congrats to your sister!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I got so many things that were so handy, it's hard to choose just one.

Baby bath tub with a thermometer for checking the water temp and they included everything that I would need for bath time.

Double stroller

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I didn't get a baby shower with either one of my kids. :-(
    My friend got together with my first baby and got her a bed (we had NO money)
    And with my second my friends go together again (another group) and got my second a swing, the best thing ever! It was a little travel one that she has unfortunitly grown out of now, but she would scream for HOURS when she was a newborn until I was walking the swing gave me a break from that!
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 6:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If she's registered anywhere, get her something from her list. Otherwise, think of items that were really useful to you. We've used our playpen a lot, but we use the Exersaucer someone bought us (when we didn't register for it) so much that it has been a lifesaver.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• All the blankets people made for my little guy. I think we got more than we'll even need, but I love the personal aspect of them! Otherwise, the Boppy for sure!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was HOPING so bad that someone or even a group of someones got me one of my big gifts, crib or stroller or something like that..........then I ended up with clothes and not much else..........so I would say something big or something practical like diapers or a gift card............she will be overwhelmed with clothes!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My sister-in-law gave a wonderful gift that I have started giving. It is a diaper changing basket. Choose whichever size/style basket you like (square/rectangle with handle works best) and fill it with the necessities. On one side a place a box of wipes (that can stay and be refilled), on the other side I place diapers (already opened and ready to use), in the middle I place useful items like lotion/oil/diaper cream/etc. It comes in so handy with a newborn; you just grab the basket and everything is there for you, no more hunting for items while the baby lies 1/2 naked. You can take it from room to room, or I have found out that it comes in handy on trips (everything at your fingertips). Have fun shopping!!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 6:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• diapers and the little bouncy chair
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008