What would you do?

I recently found out I was pregnant again and this was not at all planned and I actively attempted to prevent it. My youngest is only 6 months old. He was delivered via c-section with long recovery time due to infection. So I don't know what health risks are involved with being pregnant again so soon. Also, we're dead broke. We are using a borrowed car cuz ours got repoed, we're behind on rent and usually my entire check goes to baby needs while dh pays bills and such. I honestly don't see how we can have this baby. I never thought I would ever consider an abortion but you never know until you're in a situation like this. DH says that whatever I decide he will support me 100%. He's more concerned about my health than about the money though. I don't want to do something I'll regret either way. Please don't judge me for considering this. Try putting yourself in my shoes and tell me what you would do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh dear. I am sorry. You've had a tough time. Rather than abort the baby, which is really final, perhaps you would consider adoption? Or it may work out for you after all and you be glad that you kept it. Check with your doctor to make sure your life isn't threatened after your complications.

Answer by Bmat at 5:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh sweetie, you're really stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I'm sorry. Life can be so hard for people. This is only a decision YOU can make. My hubby and I are are totally broke too. We have a 3 year old son and decided about 9 months ago that we'd like to try for another. Well like I said, it had been 9 months and we decided to wait on a 2nd baby because of our financial situation. It was too late! I was already pregnant! So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes things happen for a reason. The plan we have for ourselves isn't always what God has planned for us. So just think long and hard before you make a decision. It sounds like you have a decent husband. You two together will make the right decision. I know I wouldn't judge you either way.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Hi, I'm going through the same thing we have a 30m old a 11m old and i'm 8m pregnant i had all mine via c-sec and with my last i had i long recovery and got pregnant the first time we had sex after. We are broke and the only things we have for our new baby daughter is the things my 11m old has grown out of. He is the only one working it is just not optional for me to. People tryied to ell me to think about adoption too. But i couldnt because my oldest knows what is goingon. how am i suppose to explain that to him. It has been and will be hard. But all i can say is at least my oldest is potty trained and my youngest is off formula.
    Anonymous

• i will say i was in the same position as you and i talked to someone about adoption (i dont believe in abortion) and the women said if your only worreid about ur financial state then dont do it because you never know what can happen with it. having a baby after c section after six months is fine, i wouldnt get an abortion ive knon ppl to get it and they are so depressed after bc they regretted it. if you kno u can give that baby all your love keep it. otherwise give it up for adoption so that baby can have a great life. hope this helps! its your decision in the end tho. also...if you get an abortion,,it could affect your health.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'd look into any and all kinds of assistance you can get before going the abortion route...but it really is only something you can decide. I'm pro-life, but there are times when I freaked out about potentially being pregnant and thought, "Wow, I understand how desperate some people feel." I told my little sister to come to me if she ever gets in trouble because, though I'll try to help her find another option, I would stand by her no matter what. I hope you can get through this and find peace. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• also..i thought of adoption and i decided to keep the baby and im extremely glad i did. i love her to death its hard...im only 19, but you will get thru. :) ill be praying for ya!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i think u do what u feel is right i just had one in july cuz my baby was turnin one the next month so i understand but i do regret it everyday so think bout that to
    MAJISMOM88

Answer by MAJISMOM88 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• ANON 5:48 AGAIN

I thought about abortion and couldnt do it either. I'm only 19 and I know it will be hard but I just couldnt abort the baby then and I couldnt give her to someone else after she has been inside me for so long.
    Anonymous

• Abortion is so final... To me, God put this baby in your life for a reason. YES, it's hard right now but being pregnant.... you can get a lot of help. I wouldn't want you to regret this in the long run. I know someone who had an abortion b/c times were tough and was never able to get pregnant again. Not to scare you, I just think that God knows your life and has a plan. Just call around, get help with rent, food etc.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• CONT
    Until you guys get in a better situation, don't feel bad about getting the help you need. Be thankful, there's really nothing else you can do. My situation is different but it's like this. We got pregnant with our second when my son was 9 months old, we were scared and didn't think we were ready. We decided to keep it btu later found out there were problems. Yes, we could have aborted twice and didn't. She passed away at 29 weeks but in my heart, I know I made the right choice. We're pregnant agian with a healthy baby girl, times are hard but we are so thankful for her life and havign each other.
    AshJoe05